Subject: Relay

From: "Derrick Pallas (UC Davis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:27:43 -0800 (PST)

I am running a firewalled network over DSL. I want to be able to set up a
server that accepts all mail to the network domain name and also accepts
all outgoing mail from users on the local side (192.168.1.0) even if their
email address has nothing to do with our domain.

So, anyone should be able to relay to [email-masked] and anyone on our side
should be able to send through the SMTP at mail.dom.org even if their
email address is [email-masked]. Is there a way to do this with ZMailer?

Sir Derrick Lyndon Pallas
Man will never starve for want of
wonders but only want of wonder.

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]

---

From: Matti Aarnio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:02:56 +0200

> email address is [email-masked]. Is there a way to do this with ZMailer?

  See the page:
http://zmailer.org/zman/zadm-smtpserver.html#ZADM-SMTPSERVER-POLICY-RELAYING
 
  for guide.

For short:

1) Into   smtp-policy.relay.manual:
    [192.168.1.0]/24
2) Into   localdomain:
    dom.org
3) Into   smtp-policy.mx.manual:
    .dom.org

The 3:rd is needed if the system is to relay to domain which is NOT
listed as localdomain -- is not considered local.

There are additional things configurable by choosing subsections in
smtp-policy.src  file (but I plan to move those user changeable parts
into separate file.)

Add in TLS certificates (of OpenSSL kind), enable TLS, and enable
smtp-authentication.

See  (/opt/mail/)guides/openssl,  and  guides/smtp*

There is support for authenticated smtp connections, which does
bypass all of the other policy tests.

-- 
/Matti Aarnio	<[email-masked]>
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]