Subject: queue reordering?

From: Eugene Crosser <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 18:03:05 +0400 (MSD)

Matti,

I noticed another thing.  I am not 100% sure but it seems that the
scheduler does not rehash the queue before reties.  That is, if you have a
message in the queue to a particular domain that consistently results in
4xx code from the remote, all mail to that domain gets stuck.  Am I wrong? 
It seems that after a 4xx response, further retries to that domain should
be somewhat delayed *and* offending message moved to the tail of the queue.
Am I missing something?

Eugene

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]

---

From: Andy Poling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:50:37 -0700 (PDT)

> be somewhat delayed *and* offending message moved to the tail of the queue.

This is based on the somewhat older version of scheduler that we use...

Are you using "ageorder" in the scheduler.conf?

It pretty much forces a consistent order (thus causing your problem for
certain classes of SMTP errors).  Disabling it on our systems allowed the
scheduler to avoid "deadlocks" like you're talking about...

-Andy

-

---

From: Eugene Crosser <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:17:29 +0400 (MSD)

> Are you using "ageorder" in the scheduler.conf?

Yes.  But it was there for ages, and behavior seems to have changed between
2.99.51 and 2.99.52-pre1.  I will try your advice anyway, thanks.

Eugene

-