Subject: truble: hardcoded zenvironment file name!

From: Eugene Crosser <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 14:19:19 +0400

I am planning to run two copies of Zmailer on each of my farm machines,
each copy having different policy, different routing, different IP
addresses for both incoming and outgoing connections.  So, ideally I
would like to different sets of config/postoffice/log directories
defined in two different zmailer.conf files.  Then I would be able to
start

. /path/to/zmailer.conf.1 $MAILBIN/zmailer
. /path/to/zmailer.conf.2 $MAILBIN/zmailer

but I found that in libc/getzenv.c, there is no way to read different
files.  The file name is defined on the ./configure stage and is
hardcoded in the resulting binaries.

So, is it OK if I change getzenv to first try to open(getenv("ZCONFIG"))
and then fallback to hardcoded path?  Possible problems?  Other advice?

-- 
Eugene Crosser, head of Internet Applications section, +7 501 787 1000
ROL, Teleross, Golden Telecom, http://user.rol.ru/~crosser/

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]

---

From: Matti Aarnio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:24:43 +0300

-- 
/Matti Aarnio	<[email-masked]>
FUNET:  Finnish Academic and Research Network
	Network Information/Software Archival Service
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]