Subject: [Fwd: Re: virus scanner for zmailer?]

From: Rocio Alfonso Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:24:53 +0100

hello,

  Someone knows how install a virus scanner for zmailer? I read this
message but I don't know how make it.

  thanks and regards,
    rozio

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: virus scanner for zmailer?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:26:06 +0100
From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
To: Johannes Kremsner <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]
References: <[email-masked]>

Someone I know did it. Wasn't too hard, as I understood it, but the
result
can't be distributed because of the way it mixes commercial and
semi-free
code. Pity.

Short version: You can modify the router to pick up messages in
POSTOFFICE/scanned and scan the messages in POSTOFFICE/router for virii.
When a message is seen to be clean, move to POSTOFFICE/scanned, when
not,
to POSTOFFICE/virus. It should be reasonably easy to do this using
amavis;
just scan for "\nenv-end\n" in POSTOFFICE/router/* and have amavis scan
the rest of the file.

Using a procmail-like solution scans on local delivery, but not on SMTP
delivery. This approach will catch everything passing through the
zmailer.

--Arnt
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]