Subject: Re: zmailer + cyrus deliver failure

From: Gilles Bouthenot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:06:45 +0100

At 09:46 06/03/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings all..
>
>Im working on installing zmailer + cyrus into a black box (with ldap) style mail
>system, though I am having trouble convincing zmailer and deliver to put
>messages into users mailboxes.
>
>I always get bounced mail "error: nosuchuser". The user/mailbox exists; I can
>'deliver' to them from the command line.
>
>Ive googled around and found that others have had similar problems. One was
>resolved with the realization that "nosuchuser" sometimes means "accessdenied",
>though I have verified that the ACLs are correct. Another site fixed there
>problem by changing from deliver-wrapper to deliver. Ive tried the reverse, as
>well as changing around what arguments I give to deliver.
>
>
>Strangely, quickly installing sendmail (from rpm's) and updating its
>configuration allows mail to be delivered. While this is a fresh instalation and
>I could easily use sendmail, I realy would rather not.

Just add:

ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX="true"
in zmailer.conf

This way, zmailer won't test if a unix account is created before delivering local mail.
I think this should become the default, btw.

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]