Subject: sm with 8-bit input

From: "Ambrose Li [CCCGT]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:59:56 -0500

Hello,

I wonder if the sm program has changed since 2.99.56pre1, in
particular in its MIME handling.

I discovered a strange corruption problem some months ago;
it only affects mails with 8-bit plain-text attachments
(e.g., mail with Chinese plain-text attachments; mails
with binary attachments or us-ascii attachments are
not affected). I at first thought that this was Cyrus
deliver(8)'s problem, since there was no problem before we
switched to Cyrus; but today I find that it is actually
sm(8)'s fault. It seems that sm(8)'s MIME handling is (was?)
broken.  Passing -8 to sm (in scheduler.conf) caused the
corruption to vanish.

Regards,

-- 
Ambrose Li

``A good style should show no sign of effort;
  what is written should seem a happy accident.'' ~ Somerset Maugham
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]