Subject: Router Dying!

From: "Vince Puzzella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:51:31 -0400

I am using zmailer version 2.99.55 on debian 2.2r4.  My problem
is that the
router dies every once in a while.  I realize this is a documented issue
in
version 2.99.25.  It always seem to occur when the router encounters a
bad
message (spammers I guess).  Is anyone having a similar problem?  The
following are a couple snippets from my router log:

[358] squirrel: 62895._badheader saved for inspection: message header
syntax
error!
[358] *** message header syntax error!
[358] <00005cc06ed2$00000c7e$000066a0@(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address) >: address:
[email-masked]
[358] <00005cc06ed2$00000c7e$000066a0@(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdoma: file: 54587-358
<[email-masked]> =>  <[email-masked]>
[358] <00005cc06ed2$00000c7e$000066a0@(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address).(illegal subdomain in domain,
probably
extra '.' at the end of the address) >: address: [email-masked]
[358] <006b85d26dde$7462e3b6$5cd88cb1@rroauu>: address:
[email-masked]

and ....

[896] squirrel: 18407._badheader saved for inspection: message header
syntax
error!
[896] *** message header syntax error!
[896] (illegal start of message identification)
[email-masked](illegal end of
message
identification): address: [email-masked]
[896] (illegal start of message identification)
[email-masked](illegal end of
message
identification): file: 18407-896 <[email-masked]> =>
<[email-masked]>
[896] (illegal start of message identification)
[email-masked](illegal end of
message
identification): address: [email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]